K5JBF --SCAM USING A HAMS CALL

Share information regarding your recently completed deals with other ham operators. ONLY BUYERS AND SELLERS directly involved with the transaction can post in this forum. If you have a report of a scam by someone pretending to be a ham, please post in the Scammer Reports forum instead.
Forum rules
As of Dec 9, 2013: ONLY BUYERS AND SELLERS directly involved with a transaction can post here. Do not post replies in any topic if you are not the buyer or seller in the transaction being discussed! If you believe you can help the buyer or seller, please use the Private Message system to communicate with them. NOTE: if you have been scammed by someone pretending to be a ham, please post in the Scammer Reports forum instead. See viewtopic.php?f=2&t=136 for additional rules.
hink

K5JBF --SCAM USING A HAMS CALL

Post by hink »

SCAM SCAM ELDON MOORE IN TEXAS DOES NOT SELL ON QTH--SOMEONE IS USING HIS CALL AND GIVING A PAYPAL ACCOUNT OF KATHYS_JEWELRY --SCAM SCAM----------------ELDON IS NOT INVOLVED ---
k8old
va3ts

Re: K5JBF --SCAM USING A HAMS CALL

Post by va3ts »

He gave me his phone# of 409-753-7065 and an email of glockhitt43@gmail.com.
AF5IB

Post by AF5IB »

Was just notified by so called K5JBF in response to my post looking for an amplifier. Thought I would update this to let people know that the SCAM is still ongoing. This is what was sent to me in response to my post:

"Are you still in the market for a 600w-800w solid state amp? As there is one Ameritron ALS-600 up for sale from an SK estate in excellent condition which i am helping the deceased family to advertise for sale. Ameritron ALS-600S solid state amp with matching ALS-600PS power supply, covers 160 meters to 10 meters. 10-12M factory modification board has been installed. Both pieces include sturdy OEM shipping boxes, documentation, & connecting cables. Operates to factory specifications and is in excellent condition functionally & cosmetically. No scuffs, dings, or dents. Asking price is $1000.

PS: There are also other items available for sale from the estate just incase you're interested in something else.

Let me know if interested

K5JBF, Moore"

Price was reduced to $800 immediately after asking to consider a lower price.

He stated:

" I can consider $800 shipped to your door via FedEx. That's a very good price and shouldn't be a problem for you, if you're serious and willing to purchase the amp. Payment will be made directly to the seller (SK's daughter as I am only helping to advertise the items for sale. She's not a ham and has no knowledge about it. She suggested payment via cashier's check, MO or bank transfer but she would prefer a bank transfer which will be initiated from your bank to hers as it is more convenient for her"

I politely refused after finding this forum post about the so called "K5JBF" impersonator and sending him a link to this posting. Haven't heard from him since.

Hope this helps someone in the future.

Dave
AF5IB
USAF Retired
kk3kk

Post by kk3kk »

Thanks for the heads up he just responded to my ad looking for a Acom 2000 A, same wording of the reply. Asked that he call me which he did, didn't sound right - hung up.

Stan
KK3KK